The United Nations said ahead of a pledging conference for Yemen on Tuesday that 30 of 41 major aid programs in the war-torn country would close in the next few weeks without funding.
Of some 20 million Yemenis who are food insecure, nearly 10 million are acutely food insecure.
More than 3.6 million Yemenis have been displaced by conflict. Disease is rife and the United Nations says the health system has effectively collapsed.
Program reductions had already started in some areas, UN Humanitarian Coordinator for Yemen, Lise Grande, told Reuters:
The World Food Program, which feeds more than 12 million Yemenis a month, in April halved rations in northern areas. It needs funding for existing operations and to ramp back up operations in the north.
Depending on the amount of money raised, Grande said more cuts or closures could follow: